Sunday, November 25, 2007

November update


Life has been going at a rapid pace this last month. John has entered the season of midterms, which means a lot of late night studying for his exams and an increase in work hours proctoring exams for professors. Jamie had been busy with marathon training and finished all 26mi (42k) on 11/18 in 5hrs 30min. She was a bit dehydrated due to the water shortage (no water was provided for the last 20km), but was so blessed to have John accompany her for the first half (he ran 13mi) and had the grace of God to finish the second.

This past month we were so honored to host a group of doctors from Los Angeles, California. They came full of energy and vision and sowed so much into Lebanon. The first 3 days, they set up clinics in a few villages in the South and were able to administer medical aid and pray for people. They prayed for a 3 year old girl from a poor family who had not yet begun to speak and a week later the toddler was speaking her first words. Praise God! Her parents told Clint Miller that she began speaking shortly after our friends prayed for her. Amazing! The team also did medical screenings for 120 kids in a Palestinian refugee camp. Most of these kids had never been seen by a medical professional and we were able to begin a medical history chart for each one of them that will be used by future medical teams. It is such a blessing to have people come here to Lebanon to really serve and love the people here.

We just finished a 3 day Thanksgiving getaway in the mountains and had an amazingly refreshing time. We went up there with our close friends that also live here in Beirut (Mindy, Marci, Blake, Anna and Jade). You can see pictures from Thanksgiving and of the marathon by clicking the box at the top right, labeled "Funnies".

Please continue to pray for this country. There is currently some political instability regarding the President. The former President was forced to step down this last Friday and the office was left empty because the parties involved couldn't settle on a replacement. The army has taken over for now, but there will be an election this Friday 11/30. Pray that a leader will come forth that will be a peaceful compromise between all political leaders involved.

Lastly, here are some upcoming events..
11/27 Jamie and John's 3yr anniversary!
12/1-5 John takes a trip to Dubai
12/9 Jamie's 27th birthday!

We love you guys!
John and Jamie

2 comments:

Stephen Hunton said...

YO...where da party at?

So glad to see you have a blog...but the month gap between posts has me a bit skeptical! ;)

I hope this note finds you well. I miss you man and hope to catch up someday soon.
LATER!
Stevo

Sara said...

Hey Jamie!!! How exciting that you have a blog! I found you through Adriana's. I thought I was bad at posting regularly. =) I love you! And I love seeing your pictures. I'll have to catch up on the reading some other time! I can't believe you've been married for three years! And Happy 27th Birthday...LATE!